As the saying goes, prevention is better than the cure. The same applies to bad breath and all that goes with it. Anyone suffering from halitosis knows how a low self esteem feels. Halitosis not only affects the person’s emotional well being, but also their work environment and their love lives.
We will be discussing different ways to prevent bad breath, and in turn, boost your self esteem enabling you to feel free to pursue your goals that could never be done because of halitosis holding you back.
Let’s not waist another minute……
1. Be sure to brush, rinse and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Anaerobic bacteria feed of off excess food particles and plaque left on your teeth after meals. This bacteria is also sulphur producing, and causes bad breath.
2. If you suffer from dry mouth you need to chew on sugar free gum, sugar free lozenges or mints. The best sweetener to use with a dry mouth is Xylitol. It has been proven that Xylitol has anti-cavity properties and it is a non-sucrose sweetener.
3. Eat fruit and vegetables that are rich in fibre. Fibre works great to remove bacteria present in the mouth; it also helps to keep the mouth moist. Some examples are apples, pears, spinach and broccoli.
4. Taking vitamins such as Vitamin B, C, D, and E will assist the body to get rid of extra mucus and toxins the natural way.
5. Use oral care products that were developed specifically for treating bad breath. You have to make sure that these products are alcohol / Sodium Lauryl Sulfate free.
6. If you have an acidic oral environment, bacteria will thrive and have a ball in your mouth. To neutralise the acid, it is advised that you brush your teeth occasionally with baking soda. Baking soda neutralises any extra acids found in the oral cavity.
7. Avoid any processed foods that have refined carbohydrates in them. These are foods like cakes, sweets, ice cream and cookies.
8. By drinking green and black teas that contain polyphenols, the sulphur compounds will be eliminated and the oral bacteria will be greatly reduced.
9. Chronic medication such as anti-depressants, diuretics, pain relievers and antihistamines dry out your mouth. If your doctor did not prescribe any of these medications, then try avoid using them.
10. It is best to avoid any dairy products especially if you are lactose intolerant. If you do consume dairy, please make sure to clean your mouth afterwards.
11. You have to clean your mouth and teeth after you have eaten red meat and fish, but even better is to clean your mouth after every meal no matter what you have eaten.
12. Dry mouth is one of the great culprits of causing bad breath. And one of the big causes of a dry mouth is smoking. Smoking is also the number one cause of periodontal disease and halitosis. It is best to stop smoking all together for your overall health.
13. Another big cause of dry mouth is snoring or sleep apnea. Try to see a doctor to help with these problems.
14. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will keep your mouth moist and help the production of saliva.
15. It does not mean that if you have dentures, you don’t have to keep up your oral hygiene regime. Clean dentures twice a day, the same as you would if you had your original teeth.
16. By using oral care probiotics such as S.salivarius, K12 and M18, there will be a normal balance of good and bad bacteria in your mouth. Probiotics eliminate any excess bad bacteria in the mouth, and infuse your mouth with good bacteria.
Therabreath products were developed for the sole purpose of destroying the sulphur producing bacteria that causes bad breath. Therabreath’s oxygenating action inhibits the bacteria’s ability to digest and reproduce at an alarming rate.
Therabreath products contain only natural ingredients and it is safe for diabetics, children and even expectant moms to use.
Stop Bad Breath Instantly
- R 294.00
- R 235.00
- R 329.00